Friday, January 20, 2017

January 20th, 2017

This week, we examined weather (and tornadoes).

Coming back from our long weekend, we read Sometimes it Looked Like Spilt Milk together, where clouds sometimes assume the shape of other things.

Then, we made our own cloud art.
"Sometimes my cloud looks like swirling stars."

"Sometimes my cloud looks like a spaceship!"

"I don't know!  My cloud just looks like a big blob!"

We also started on our __ET word family, swapping the first letter to spell the words bet, get, let, jet, net, pet, set and wet.

We worked on our new take-home book, Have You Met My Pet Yet?...

...and with pocket chart activities.


For math this week, we focused on practicing the written numbers 1-10.

And worked together a lot.

Examining tornadoes, we designed our tornado bottles...

...and wrote about them in our science journals.


We squeezed in some scissor practice and cut along lightning bolts.

We also read Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and dictated our own predictions.

"I predict it will be cloudy with a chance of  cake!"

It's been a good week!

Next week is thunder storms!

No comments:

Post a Comment