Friday, April 24, 2015

April 24th, 2015

Z is for Zebra!


We did it!  We made it through the alphabet!


















Counting sheep sensory bin
As we learned about Zzzzz, we took this as an opportunity to have fun with sleeping and pajamas.
















We filled up our library with all sorts of fun sleeping books...

















...especially The Napping House.  When I was in highschool, my baby brother brought this same project home from his kindergarten class.  I loved it so much and remember thinking that, if I ever got the chance, I would do the same with my students.  It has since become my absolute favorite book to read in my classroom.  That "baby" brother is now grown and married - and doesn't even remember The Napping House.



We also read Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed...



















Goodnight Moon puzzle 

...and Goodnight Moon.  Actually, we read Goodnight Moon in English.  Then, we read Buenas Noches Luna in Spanish...in our pajamas.













This week, we also focused on our math sentences.  Using sheep to count, we practiced addition and subtraction.

We were extraordinary.  And, no one fell asleep!




















We had fun this week!  We finger painted in shaving cream...














...painted our dreams...

"In my dream, I pet a cheetah and I rode on one, too!"


















...practiced with scissors as we designed our own pajamas...


















...were assigned new homework packets, now that we've finished the alphabet...













z is for zippers!


...and had fun with zippers.






















We also got to wish 2 of our new butterflies well as Miss Corinna set them free!  As of today, 1 is still wrapped up in their cocoon.  It was an uplifting way to end the week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment