Friday, August 22, 2014

August 22nd, 2014

This week, Sacred Heart appreciated the very last week of our summer session.  In my classroom, we've been looking forward to learning about the solar system.  So, we chose now to really jump into it (one small step at a time, obviously).









We learned about the 8 planets.  Although, if you constructed a styrofoam solar system prior to 2006, there will always be 9.  A planet's a planet, no matter how small. 











We made galaxy playdough...





...and a solar system sensory bin.












This week, I asked the big kids to make me a rocket ship.  Some butcher paper, paint and a lemonade stand later - mission completed.



We personalized rocket ships blasting to the moon...




.
...we made swirly water-color planets.


















We also created our own star constellations.

















(To the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot")

I'm a little astronaut flying to the moon
My rocket is ready, we'll blast off soon.

I climb aboard and I close the hatch
5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
Off we blast!!!




Today, so many of us came together for our "end of summer" BBQ.  It's always a good time when we have a chance to be one big, happy school family!





Today, I also had to accept that it was my son's last day as an official SHA student.  Sacred Heart Academy has been a part of his entire life.  But now, like all my other graduated preschoolers, he's off to kindergarten.




















He'll still be here to play in the afternoons, though!

Have a wonderful week as we close to prepare for the fall!  We'll see you all bright and early September 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment