Saturday, August 9, 2014

August 8th, 2014


This week, we had fun with fairy tails. 

















Since there are so many, I chose to focus on the "Power of 3" this week.  We started with The Three Little Pigs"...



...then Goldilocks and the Three Bears...




















...and, finally, The Three Billy Goats Gruff.



Since we were already thinking about the number, we also created our "I See 3" books throughout the week.  














But, we did not just read those three books.  As an optional centers activity each day, Miss Lauren and I also read some of the classics to the children.  I can't, in good conscience, let my students leave my classroom thinking that the animated version of their favorites are the the only ones out there.  So, I made it my mission this week to find the most beautiful storybooks available.  
Funny story: Apparently I tried too hard.  I unknowingly checked out a rare copy of Rapunzel from the downtown library that was marked as a reference book.  My library card was immediately suspended and I was fined an astronomical fee until I could clear up my error with a branch supervisor.






Meanwhile, the 2-year-old's had fun with classics, too!  They focused on nursery rhymes that are simple.  Their favorite?  Humpty Dumpty.



In Miss Kim's class, they had fun with princes and princesses.  They also built the biggest-ever tower for Rapunzel


And, in Miss Gabriella's class, they also made their Three Little Pigs houses.  But, had fun with pretzels and dried spaghetti noodles.



It was a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment